T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric, a family owned and operated home services company serving the Hudson Valley, offers tips to homeowners to prepare for warmer weather and save money on cooling costs this summer.
By making some simple habit changes and opting for energy-efficient products, you and your family can reduce your annual energy bill, and subsequently your greenhouse gas emissions.
“Up to half of a utility bill can be from cooling costs,” said Tommy Webber, owner of T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric. “If the HVAC system is older than 15 years, it will not be as efficient as units being produced today, and it will cost more to run. You can save nearly 25 percent every month by investing in a more energy efficient heating and cooling system. We’ve been working in this business for nearly 30 years and are happy to help people in our community with advice to save and live more economically and efficiently.”
Even if you are not ready to invest in a new system, T.Webber offers the following tips to keep homeowners cool during hot summer months while keeping utility bills under control:
- Replace Air Filters – Clogged air filters decrease performance and make AC systems work harder. Inspect and replace dirty air filters to optimize airflow and to keep an older unit in good running order throughout the summer.
- Get an AC Tune-Up – An annual maintenance check includes cleaning filters, coils, and unit, and checking for foreseeable future problems. This can help the AC run more efficiently keeping utility costs down.
- Seal and Insulate – Look for cracks and leaks in your walls, attic, crawl spaces, basement, garage, and ceiling. Make sure insulation is intact to keep in the cool air throughout the home.
- Keep Blinds Closed – Eliminate the sun’s direct path by keeping blinds closed. This can make a difference of as much as 10 degrees.
- Keep Outside Doors Closed – Try to minimize cool air loss through outside door openings, especially during the hottest time of the day.
- Delay Heat Producing Activities – Run the dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer during early morning hours. This will keep the AC unit from having to work hard during the hottest hours of the day to cool the home.
- Give the Oven the Summer Off – Give the oven and stove a break and grill at every opportunity. This keeps the kitchen heat outside and reduces the need to cool it.
To schedule your air conditioning tune-up or for more information on T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric, call 1-845-237-5013.
About T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric
T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric is a family owned and operated home services company serving the Hudson Valley area, including Dutchess, Putnam, Westchester, Orange and Ulster counties. A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau, T.Webber has been the company of choice for commercial and residential repairs and services for nearly 30 years. Tom Webber founded the company in 1988 with the vision to exceed customer expectations and provide exceptional service with integrity, competence, and objectivity with every service call. T.Webber provides timely, same-day service for plumbing, heating, air conditioning, well system, water quality, bathroom remodeling, and sewer and septic repairs. For more information, call 1-845-237-5013.