Clean Water Check & Well I...
Clean Water Check & Well Inspection in the Hud...
Is your well water safe to drink? How would you know without it being tested professionally? Homeowners with private well systems should test their water annually to ensure it is safe for ingestion and free of harmful contaminants.
At T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric, we offer professional water quality and well system services throughout the Hudson Valley. We care about the health and well-being of our consumers. That’s why we offer more than just the annual well inspection.
Why Should I Test My Well Water Annually?
Water is supplied to homes from a city water supply or a private well in the Hudson Valley. While the EPA regulates public water systems, they do not have the authority to regulate private wells. That means if you have well water, no experts are checking your water quality before it is channeled to your tap!
Households relying on well water should take special precautions to ensure their drinking water is safe for consumption. In addition to testing for hardness and pH levels, homeowners with well water systems should have their water tested for bacteria and nitrates.
When Should I Test My Water?
It isn’t always easy to know when to test your well water, but here are a few recommendations from the professionals at T.Webber:
- If you have no recent test results or any record of previous tests for your home, request a water check ASAP.
- Test annually for nitrates if you live in an agricultural area or have an on-site septic system.
- If you notice any change in your water’s taste, color, or odor, you need to request a test of your water.
- Test more than once a year in special situations, such as someone in the household is pregnant or nursing; there are unexplained illnesses in the family; your neighbors find a dangerous contaminant in their water; or a spill of chemicals or fuels occurs into or near your well.
- Test after flooding in or near the well to determine if flood water carried bacteria or other contaminants into the well system.
How Else Can I Protect My Groundwater Supply & Well System?
Preventing issues with your well water is the best way to ensure that your water is safe for consumption. Here are a few ways you can protect your system:
- Ensure your well is properly capped. If your well is not capped, surface runoff could impact your water source, including pesticides, fertilizers, animal feces, road salts, oil and gasoline runoff from roadways, and animals and bugs that could crawl into your well and die.
- Keep household chemicals and paint away from your well and dispose of them properly.
- Limit your use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Be careful when you mow around your well so you don’t damage the well casing.
Want to ensure your well water is safe to drink? Call today to schedule a clean water check with T. Webber.
The check-up includes:
- On-site water testing for hardness, pH levels, total dissolved solids, and sulfur.
- Special FREE on-site bacteria test.
- 36-point well system inspection that covers:
- Well pump and motor specifications
- Outside wellhead
- Well tank
- Electrical check
- General well health
T.Webber has been providing expert water quality and well system services throughout the Hudson Valley since 1989. Our staff is available all day to ensure your water flows as it should and is clean and healthy for consumption. Contact our water quality experts at T. Webber for a Hudson Valley well inspection.