Benefits to Air Duct Cleaning
To clean your ducts or not to clean your ducts – that’s the question. While it should have a simple answer, sometimes you just need more information. And all of us here at T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning are here to give you the information you need!
Duct Cleaning Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I really need to have my ducts cleaned?
A: Of course every home and situation is different but more often than not we’ll tell you that yes you do need your ducts cleaned! There are tons of contaminants that can get into your ducts and clog them up, including dirt, debris, mold, pollen, and other bacteria. And, if they are in your ducts, chances are they are roaming around the air in your home as well. Surely you don’t want your family exposed to all of that!
Q: What is the duct cleaning process like?
A: Not every company is the same, but we can lay out the exact details of what a duct cleaning will consist of when you choose T.Webber:
- We will remove and clean all the registers.
- Our technicians will thoroughly clean the supply vents.
- Dirt and debris are brushed, collected, and swept up by our vacuum system.
- We make sure that our technicians cover every inch. They will work back through the system, overlapping most of the ductwork.
- The air handler fan is turned on and an antimicrobial treatment is put into the cold air return. The fan will then circulate the treatment deep into the system.
Q: Will anything really be different in my home if I have my ducts cleaned?
A: 100%! There are three main benefits to duct cleaning – reduced allergies, improved efficiency of your HVAC system, and overall improved air quality. Having clean ducts will stop all that extra dirt and debris from getting in the home, easing the symptoms of those with allergies. Your heating and cooling systems will also not have to work as hard if there isn’t as much dust in the air. Lastly, because of the cleaner air that will now be circulating, you and your family can enjoy whole home comfort all of the time.
Now that you know the ins and outs of duct cleaning, we hope you’ve made the choice to call T.Webber today!