Furnace Replacement in Westchester County
If there’s one essential thing in your home that might not be on your mind very often it’s probably your furnace.
For the most part, this doesn’t really matter. You set your thermostat; your furnace fires up, and your house gets warm. But what happens when your furnace breaks down? How do you know when a repair is what you really need, or if it’s time for furnace replacement?
Signs that it’s Time for Furnace Replacement in Westchester County
Here are some important points that can help you decide if it’s time for furnace replacement:
- Your furnace’s age. If your furnace was in place when you moved into your home, figure out how old it is using the owners’ manual or by looking up its part number online. If your unit is older than 15 years, it could be time to think about furnace replacement.
- Your furnace requires regular repairs. If your technician is at your home making repairs to your furnace several times a year, furnace replacement might be warranted.
- Skyrocketing energy bills. You might need a furnace replacement if your energy bills are going up despite leaving your thermostat at the same temperature.
- Increased humidity in your home. Moisture buildup on your walls and ceilings can mean your furnace needs to be replaced.
- Irregular heating: If some rooms in your home are warmer than others, furnace replacement might be needed.
- Your furnace makes loud, strange noises, or emits clouds of dust and debris.
- Rusted or cracked parts are visible on the exterior of your furnace.
Benefits of Furnace Replacement in Westchester County
Furnace replacement can cost a lot of money, but there are several benefits to having a new furnace installed. Newer units are more energy efficient than older models, and some have a life expectancy of 20 to 30 years. Ultimately, most new furnaces pay for themselves.
Rebates and/or tax credits might also be available when you replace your out-of-date furnace with an energy efficient model.
Ready to really stop worrying about furnace replacement in Westchester County? Call T.Webber today.