It’s no secret that installing a tankless water heater is a quite a hefty investment. The parts alone can run $500 to $1,000 or more depending on the application, with labor costs easily being several thousand dollars alone. That’s why choosing a contractor who can perform tankless installations the right way is absolutely mandatory. Here are a few things to look for when picking a plumber to install your new tankless heater:
- Installation Experience: Tankless water heater installations can be complicated, depending on specific guidelines set out by your state or city. Because of this, you should always look for someone who has experience installing tankless units.
- Receive an Upfront Estimate: Installing a tankless water heater is expensive, and you don’t want to hire a plumber without first getting an estimate of the work that needs to be done. If the plumber you’ve hired doesn’t give you a written estimate of the work that needs to be performed, make sure to ask for one before you sign anything.
- Check for State License: All plumbers are required to have state licenses. Ask the plumber that you hire to see a copy of their license and then verify it with the state.
- Check for Insurance: Any plumber you select will be conducting extensive remodeling on your home to ensure the tankless heater is installed properly. You will definitely want to make sure that they are insured against damages, in case something happens to your home.
- Business Stability: The longer a plumber is in business, the more likely you’ll be able to rely on them in case you need repairs to be made to your tankless heater somewhere in the future. The amount of years that a plumbing company has been around is also an important component to consider when selecting a contractor to install your tankless heater.
Our plumbers at T.Webber are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable contractors in Westchester County. If you are looking to have a tankless unit installed into your home or business, get in touch with T.Webber today!