Hard water, water that is overly rich with minerals like calcium and magnesium, is a problem most homeowners deal with. Unfortunately, it can be felt in almost every aspect of your life, from washing dishes to doing laundry to showering and bathing. If you have hard water in your home, you are probably experiencing:
- Reduced water pressure from shower heads
- Red tinged water
- Deposits on clothes and dishwashers
- Hard deposits on and around plumbing fixtures
- Foul, unpleasant smelling water
- Rings around the tubs
- No lather when you use shampoo or soap
- Spots on glass shower doors
- Dingy clothing
- Dry, itchy skin after bathing
How to Solve Hard Water Problems
The best, and most efficient, way to solve hard water problems is to install a water softener. The minerals in hard water not only show their effects during showers and dish washing, but also within your plumbing. They can wreak havoc on your pipes and damage your appliances and fixtures if not taken care of properly. A water softener is the answer. These systems remove the ions from calcium and magnesium minerals by replacing them with the sodium, using salt.
Water Softening Options
- Salt based water softener: Though a great option for almost any home, these systems do require some maintenance to keep them working properly.
- Descaling: Descalers soften the water that comes into your home and addresses the problem of mineral buildup. You may have heard of descalers being referred to as salt-free water softeners.
- Water filtration: If you don’t have extremely hard water with very high calcium and magnesium levels, this might be the one you’d want to choose. It makes the water you drink and use every day taste, and smell, better. However, it doesn’t make a large impact on homes with more serious hard water problems.
No matter how severe your hard water problems is, the experts here at T. Webber Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning will find the system that works best for you and install it on the spot!
Benefits of Water Softeners
Besides having clean, mineral-free, soft water entering your home, you will also enjoy:
- Cleaner clothing
- Cleaner feeling skin and hair
- Better tasting water
- Increased water pressure
- Cleaner dishes
- Increased appliance performance
- Increased life of your plumbing fixtures and appliances
Don’t live with hard water any longer. Call T. Webber Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning today!