Why Should Your Westchester County Home Have a Programmable Thermostat?
Posted on January 15, 2015 by admin in Heating
You might be aware that you can save energy – and money – by turning your thermostat down a few degrees when you’ll be out of the house for several hours, or when you and your family are sleeping. If you have a standard thermostat, however, there are going to be times when you’ll be busy and will forget to turn down the temperature. That’s where a programmable thermostat comes in.
Here are a few reasons why your Westchester County home should have a programmable thermostat:
- Because you can program these types of thermostats to automatically lower or raise the temperature in your home, depending on the time of day, or day of the week, you’ll never have to remember to adjust them.
- A programmable thermostat can turn on your heat or air conditioning a half hour before you plan to get out of bed in the morning, so you’ll always wake up to a comfortable home.
- It uses more energy to keep your house at a constant temperature all day than it does to bring it back to your normal temperature when you get home in the evening.
- When properly used, a programmable thermostat will eventually pay for itself.
- Some programmable thermostats allow you to customize programming for all seven days of the week, making them a great choice for people with varying schedules.
- Newer “smart” programmable thermostats allow you to program them remotely from your cellphone or computer, so you’ll never have to come home to a cold house when you schedule changes.
- Some programmable thermostats can actually adjust themselves based on factors like humidity.
- Using a programmable thermostat can save the average homeowner about $200 a year in energy costs, according to a study by Consumer Reports.
Are you ready to stop thinking about your thermostat and start saving money? Install a programmable thermostat in your Westchester County home today.