5 Common Reasons for Furnace Repair in Cold Spring, NY
Posted on December 18, 2015 by admin in Heating
If you want to keep yourself and your family warm during the winter, then you need to know when it’s time for furnace repair in Cold Spring. Let’s face it: temperatures can plummet unexpectedly, and though the cold might be great for ice skating or skiing, you want your home to be nice and cozy. In order to prevent you from having to wear every sweater in your closet while you’re indoors, we’ve put together a list of five common reasons for furnace repair:
- You or your family members are inexplicably sick. When it’s not functioning properly, your furnace can leak carbon monoxide into your home. Mild symptoms include headaches, nausea, burning feeling in eyes and nose, and even disorientation. Prolonged exposure can cause serious damage or even be fatal, so make sure to call a professional immediately and get your sick family members to a hospital.
- The furnace is making unusual noises. The older a furnace gets, the more likely it is to make unusual noises like clanging, rattling or ticking.
- You’re never comfortable, despite adjusting the thermostat. This means there’s a problem either with the heating element in the furnace or its connection to the thermostat. It can also indicate a problem with the thermostat sensors, which in itself might not be enough cause to repair the furnace.
- Your heating bill is rising. This is a sign that your furnace isn’t functioning efficiently.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old. Even if it still works, it’s a good idea to replace it with a new, energy-efficient model.
Call T. Webber for Furnace Repair in Cold Spring
If you notice one or more of these signs, call the team at T. Webber immediately —especially if you suspect a carbon monoxide leak! Our experts can help you determine what the problem is and advise you on whether it’s best to repair or replace your furnace. So don’t hesitate: call us for furnace repair in Cold Spring today!